Who Can Submit?
Teatro encourages unsolicited submissions from any authors. Authors must be the copyright holders of the works.
General Submission Rules
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting material to Teatro, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at Teatro.
- Do not include a title page or abstract. (Begin the document with the introduction; a title page, including the abstract, will be added to your paper by the editors.)
- Please include key words.
- Do not include page numbers, headers, or footers. These will be added by the editors.
- Submissions are accepted in Spanish, English, Portuguese, and French.
- Submissions should be between 6,000 and 8,000 words.
- Please use MLA format for citations.
- Submit your manuscript, including tables, figures, appendices, etc., as a single file (Word, RTF, or PDF files are accepted).
- Page size should be 8.5 x 11-inches.
- All margins (left, right, top and bottom) should be 1.5 inches (3.8 cm), including your tables and figures.
- Single space your text.
- Use a single column layout with both left and right margins justified.
- Main Body—12 pt. Times or the closest comparable font available
- Footnotes—10 pt. Times or the closest comparable font available
- Copyedit your manuscript.
- When possible, there should be no pages where more than a quarter of the page is empty space.